After 23 days and a record 202 screenings, the 2017 Atlanta Jewish Film Festival has come to a triumphant close. The Closing Night Atlanta Premiere screening of the rousing, comical feminist narrative The Women’s Balcony, and post-film dessert reception by Icing Cake Design & Sweets Boutique at the Woodruff Arts Center, made for a joyous and delicious capper to the 17th annual festival.
More than 37,500 moviegoers attended the 2017 AJFF. Most importantly, thanks to your feedback, AJFF was thrilled to have successfully delivered an improved audience experience this year: more screenings of in-demand films, and at more convenient show times, translating to greater access and an improved onsite experience for all audiences.
The Atlanta Jewish Film Festival wishes to extend heartfelt appreciation to our funders, partners, vendors, volunteers – and of course, you, our loyal audience – for making this very special coming together of community such a tremendous success. Thank you for furthering our mission to foster cultural understanding through the power of cinematic storytelling.
See some highlights and quotes below from this year’s festival…
- Uniformly this year, the films were excellent. The screening and selection committees performed admirably.
- I appreciate the interfaith opportunity to dialogue. The films viewed are excellent, thought provoking, and timely.
- Love the documentaries. Love learning. Also enjoy seeing people and meeting new ones.
- Excellent quality and variety of films. All of the time the AJFF volunteers and staff were very courteous and helpful. Overall, excellent 2017 AJFF!
- Quality of films this year were excellent. Having more theaters and showing films on Saturday helped make it so much better.
- The variety and quality of films are so good. Some bring one to tears or laughter or both. The subjects have great range. They are always thought provoking.
- This year seemed to present quite a diverse group of films. The quality of film this year was superior to films previously shown; the Israeli films have matured into a very exciting industry.
As ever, our guest speakers and panel discussions brought out the best of the 2017 lineup, including discussions with filmmakers, scholars, and other experts throughout the festival. The 2017 AJFF featured a range of international films that included a host of dramas, family-friendly fare, charming comedies, sports-themed films, and a variety of topical subject matter, overall considered by many to be the festival’s most well-rounded lineup to date.
While the festival has come to an end, we are excited to share with you both the Audience Award and Jury Prize winners of the 2017 AJFF.
We’ll see you again for our Day of Encores on Sunday, March 5, at GTC Merchants Walk Cinema. This special day of screenings will feature our Audience Award winners, as well as a selection of other must-see highlights from this year’s festival.
Stay up to date at AJFF.org or sign up for our mailing list to be the first to know about our next screenings.
As always, maintaining audience satisfaction remains our top priority. Only with your feedback can we continue our tradition of this world class event. Please be sure to take our annual survey. Only with you (and your insights) can we continue to thrive and grow.